We Require Suppliers To:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations in their country of operation, including those that impact wages, working hours, discriminatory hiring and employment practices, employee health and safety, forced labor, child labor, slave labor, human trafficking, and corruption.
- Provide employees with a safe and sanitary workplace that includes appropriate training, controls, and protective equipment, including first aid and emergency care equipment.
- Operate facilities that contain emergency alarm systems, clearly marked
- emergency exists, free of obstructions, appropriate fire extinguishers in appropriate areas, and evacuation plot plans, all reinforced by emergency evacuation drills.
- Not discriminate in regard to gender, race, age, national origin, disability, citizenship, veteran status, marital status, maternity, sexual orientation, political or religious beliefs, or any other status or personal characteristic.
- Limit work hours in accordance with local laws or 60 hours per week, whichever is stricter, with at least one day off in a seven-day workweek.
- Pay employees for work completed and comply with local laws on minimum wages, benefits and other employment terms and conditions.
- Renounce and abstain from forced labor, human trafficking and slavery.
- Provide a workplace free from harassment and abuse of any kind.
- Employ individuals above the age of 14 (or at or above the minimum legal working age if greater).
- Respect employees’ right to freedom of association, consistent with local laws.
- Not pay or accept bribes or kickbacks.
- Minimize impacts to air, water, soil, and surrounding areas.
- Obtain all required environmental permits and provide all required environmental reports when requested.
- Reduce waste and engage in recycling consistent with good stewardship.
We require our suppliers to enforce the requirements listed above on their sources of supply. We require our suppliers to certify that they are complying with laws regarding slavery and human trafficking in the country of source, for all materials incorporated into each product.
We are willing to take corrective action, including termination, against suppliers who do not meet these requirements.
If we become aware of any possible violation or deem a supplier high risk, we reserve the right to audit the supplier’s operations to ensure compliance with the above requirements.
On behalf of the Supplier identified below, the undersigned:
- Agrees to the American Licorice Supplier Requirements listed above;
- Specifically certifies that all materials incorporated into the products which it supplies to American Licorice Company will comply with the laws regarding slavery and human trafficking of the country or countries in which the Supplier does business; and
- Represents and warrants that he or she is an authorized representative of the Supplier.