American Licorice Company
Effective Date: November 20, 2017
- Our Commitment to Personal Privacy
- CARU COPPA Safe Harbor Participatio
- This Site Not Intended for Use by Minors
- Personal Information: What we collect, when you give it to us
- Automatic Data Collection Technologies (“Persistent Identifiers”)
- Use of Personal Information
- Review, Correction and Removal of Personal Information
- California Privacy Rights: the “Shine the Light” Law
- California Privacy Rights for Minor Users: the “Minor Eraser” Law
- Visitor Comments, Submissions and Postings
- Online Social Media Service Accounts
- Access from Mobile Devices
- Mobile Device and Wireless Network Security
- Data Security and Data Retention
- Visitor's Responsibility
- Visitor's Risk and Limitation of Company’s Liability for Failure of Security Measures
- Termination or Suspension of Access / Participation
- International Transfers
- Updates and Modifications
- Contact Us
- How’s our Driving? Contact CARU
1. Our Commitment to Personal Privacy
This Policy reflects American Licorice Company’s commitment to protecting information we learn from each visitor to a company owned or operated general audience web site or other online service in which the company participates.
American Licorice Company owned and operated web sites include www.americanlicorice.com.
American Licorice Company also participates in online services such as social media platforms, including:
· Facebook: https://www.facebookcom/RedVines)
· Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/american-licorice-company
· Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/redvinescandy/
· Twitter: http://twitter.com/RedVines)
· YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/AmericanLicorice
The list of company web sites and online services is not intended to be an exhaustive list and may change from time to time.
2. CARU COPPA Safe Harbor Participation
As part of the CARU Safe Harbor, we are subject to audits and frequent monitoring of our websites and other enforcement and accountability mechanisms administered independently by CARU.
If you believe that we have not responded to your privacy inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, please contact CARU at:
CARU Safe Harbor
112 Madison Avenue, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10016
3. This Site Not Intended for Use by Minors
American Licorice Company does not collect or maintain information from visitors actually known to be under the age of 13, and no part of our web sites or online services is structured to attract anyone under the age 13.
4. Personal Information: What we collect, when you give it to us
Personal information collected from a visitor may include:
- first and/or last name
- birth date
- e-mail address
- home address
- telephone number
- credit/debit card information
- bank account
- login name
(hereinafter, individually and collectively, referred to as, "Personal Information").
The submission of Personal Information is purely voluntary, but may be a necessary step for registering or participating in certain activities and promotions offered or made available. By providing Personal Information, the visitor consents to the collection and use of the Personal Information by American Licorice Company, as stated herein.
5. Automatic Data Collection Technologies (“Persistent Identifiers”)
Our websites and online services use automatic data collection technologies (“persistent identifiers”) including but not limited to "cookies" and “web beacons” to collect certain information about visitor equipment, browsing actions and website usage.
Cookies are small files placed on the hard drive of your computer, which may collect:
- a customer number,
- an IP address (a Uniform Resource Locator or “URL”),
- a processor or device serial number,
- a unique identifier that might be used to recognize a user’s online activities over time and across different web sites or online services (behavioral tracking), including but not limited the type of operating system and software the visitor is using to browse the Internet, the "URL" (web address) that the visitor visited before and after our site and the visitor's Internet Service Provider; and
- geolocation data of the visitor which may be sufficient to identify a street name and name of city or town.
Web beacons are small, transparent graphic images (such as clear GIFs, pixel tags and single-pixel GIFs) placed on website pages and advertisements for use in combination with cookies to collect website statistics, for example, to count the number of visitors to a page, to determine the popularity of website content, to determine visitor interest in website content, to identify visitors when they return to a website or online service, to store information about visitor preferences, and to verify system and server integrity.
a.Third Party Use of Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
b. California Do-Not-Track Disclosures
American Licorice Company uses the information collected through automated data collection technologies (alone or in conjunction with Personal Information) to make the company websites and related online services more useful and more personal to visitors and their individual interests. Therefore, we do not respond to “do not track” requests.
Visitors may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on the visitor’s Internet browser or by using third party do not track technologies. However, if visitors refuse, disable or delete cookies from our websites or related online services (including mobile applications), certain parts or features of our company websites or online services may be inaccessible or not functional.
American Licorice Company and its affiliates (e.g., online order fulfillment service providers) use Personal Information for internal business purposes, to communicate to visitors about products and special offers and promotions, and for notification and publicity of participants and winners in promotions and contests.
Personal Information will not be traded, licensed, sold or shared for third party direct marketing purposes without prior authorization or request from the visitor.
Personal Information may be used or disclosed by operation of law, in compliance with valid legal requirements or in the event of a business transaction involving the company's assets, but only to the extent necessary and always with the commitment of American Licorice Company toward protecting the Personal Information.
7. Review, Correction and Removal of Personal Information
8. California Privacy Rights: the “Shine the Light” Law
9. California Privacy Rights for Minor Users: the “Minor Eraser” Law
10. Visitor Comments, Submissions and Postings
Our web sites and the online services in which we participate may allow the ability to post comments, information about yourself and others, and to upload media content (for example. pictures, videos, artwork, etc.). Submissions to American Licorice Company web sites are subject to the posted Terms of Service. Please be aware that any information you post to publicly viewable site and services can be accessed and use by others. We cannot control what others may do with information you voluntarily post, and once you post information you may not be able to edit or delete it. We urge you to use caution when posting any information online.
11. Online Social Media Service Accounts
12. Access from Mobile Devices
Visitors using social media sites should be aware that information you submit on such sites may be accessed on mobile phones and other mobile devices that allow information to be synced and saved by friends and others. You should only share important or sensitive information with people you trust because they may be able to save and share it, knowingly or unknowingly, with others you do not intend the information to be shared with.
13. Mobile Device and Wireless Network Security
Mobile devices such as cell phones and other devices using WiFi networks can have financial and other information intercepted during use. It is important to use only encrypted transmissions on secured WiFi networks when transmitting Personal Information. In addition, passwords and other login information should be stored in password protected files in case a mobile device is lost or stolen.
14. Data Security and Data Retention
American Licorice Company and its affiliates use appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology for the transmission of Personal Information. To take advantage of this technology, your browser software must support 128- bit encryption.
15. Visitor's Responsibility
Visitors must also take precautions to prevent unauthorized access and use of Personal Information including but not limited to login names and passwords. For example visitors should not disclose or allow others to use their personal passwords or other personal identification information used to access and/or conduct transactions on this site. Visitors are solely responsible for all results (claims, liabilities and damages of any kind) arising from or related to their disclosure of Personal Information to another person or entity, whether the disclosure was intentional or not. Visitors agree not to use anyone else's personal identification information without proper authorization.
16. Visitor's Risk and Limitation of Company’s Liability for Failure of Security Measures
Due to the nature of electronic communications and storage, the company’s security measures may not prevent all loss, misuse, theft or alteration of Personal Information collected from the site. THEREFORE, THE VOLUNTARY SUBMISSION OF PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION VIA THIS SITE IS AT THE VISITOR'S SOLE RISK AND EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, EACH VISITOR AGREES THAT AMERICAN LICORICE COMPANY AND IT AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY FAILURE OF SECURITY MEASURES OR FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE, DISTRIBUTION, ALTERATION OR THEFT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SUBMISSION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION VIA A COMPANY SITE OR ONLINE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL AMERICAN LICORICE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ANY FAILURE OF SECURITY MEASURES OR ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE, DISTRIBUTION, ALTERATION OR THEFT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
17. Termination or Suspension of Access / Participation
18. International Transfers
If you are visiting an American Licorice Company site from outside of the United States, please be aware that visitor Personal Information will be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located within the United States. The collection, use, retention and any other processing of your information will be governed by United States law.
19. Updates and Modifications
20. Contact Us
American Licorice Company
1900 Whirlpool Drive South
La Porte, Indiana 46350
21. How’s our Driving? Contact CARU
As mentioned above, American Licorice Company is a participating member of the CARU Safe Harbor Program. If you believe that we have not responded to your privacy inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, please contact CARU at:
CARU Safe Harbor
112 Madison Avenue, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10016