This position is responsible for managing and monitoring Sales team trade spend budget. The Revenue Accountant is responsible for tracking, auditing and providing Sales with tools to monitor account specific trade spend as well as ROI’s on promotions. This role is responsible for increasing trade spend efficiency and growing profitable sales. The Revenue Accountant will provide annual spend budgets, review and approve/deny account programs and events, provide customer profitability analysis, and help track channel spend rates. The Revenue Accountant is also responsible for managing the AR Deduction Specialist and meeting the goals of deduction clearing. This position is a part of the Accounting Department, but works in a team environment with Manufacturing, Customer Relations, Logistics, Marketing and specifically Sales to collaborate on account opportunities and programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the department to drive profitable business decisions through analyzing syndicated, industry and account data Establish and monitor annual budget for trade spend by fund code by channel and priority accounts.
- Evaluate and help determine measurements for Shopper marketing programs
- Manage AR Deduction Specialist associate and functions.
- Use experience and judgment to evaluate spending requests and approve/deny, or make recommendations for such, based on parameters for promotions & EDLP.
- Monitor customer accounts and review customer profitability.
- Utilize syndicated and POS account specific data to monitor promotional activity including competitors
- Collaborate with manufacturing, marketing, sales and finance on profitability assignments.
- Collaborate on customer, segment, and brand analysis to influence and formulate actionable business decisions.
- Evaluate trade spending and identify drivers of over/under spending, utilizing JDE/VG reports
- Develop reports to track and analyze trade spending and promotional evaluations as well as continuing to improve the deduction clearing process in JDE.
Analytics necessary on:
- Promotional Effectiveness
- Accrual Spending
- Point person in managing yearly corporate budget process.
- Represents Revenue Accounting in meetings when needed.
- Manage, audit and maintain integrity of the budget program Adaptive Planning.
- Assist in Month End process, journal entry, account reconciliations, other functions as assigned.
- Responsible for Food Safety as related to the position
- Bachelor’s Degree required – Finance degree preferred.
- Five plus years work related experience, in marketing, sales, finance, CPG role.
- Business or financial role experience preferred.
- Experience understanding relationships with accounts.
- Understanding of pricing, history and promotions within the customer base.
- Proficient in MS Office software, generating and interpreting syndicated data and the ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Exhibits a high level of energy and motivation.
- Requires a high degree of confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and organizational abilities.
- Self-directed, independent, result-oriented, team player with 100% dedication and commitment to tasks at hand.
- Strong MS office skills, with strong math and quantitative skills
- Displays a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Devises workable solutions or consults with secondary resources to devise solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present analyses effectively and in a variety of presentation situations, reporting and summary writing.
- Strong team and interpersonal skills, works cooperatively with others, establishes rapport, while identifying needs or positions of others.
- Ability to discover, understand and meet needs of customers and business partners (both internal and external).