Consumer Communications Specialist
The Consumer Communications Specialist is responsible for community engagement and social content strategy for the American Licorice Company (ALC) brands. This is done by directing the social media conversation taking place on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, Pinterest, Vine, blogs and other channels of communication.
The Consumer Communications Specialist will be responsible for managing the creation of relevant social content such as social media posts, managing contests, short branded videos, etc. The Consumer Communications Specialist will manage the content calendar for the various channels of communication, such as Facebook, and be responsible for making sure the content is on brand, honest, transparent and easily consumable on various platforms.
The Consumer Communications Specialist will work closely with the Media/Consumer Communication Manager, the brand teams and sales to deliver best-in-class consumer experiences. This position is one of the senior brand stewards and is a voice of the company and in many cases will be a user’s first experience with the brand. Therefore the ability to humanize the brand while still being professional is critical. The Consumer Communications Specialist must be very comfortable connecting with, and building relationships with a wide variety of diverse audiences.
Essential Job Functions
- Generate creative content for social media platforms including written copy, video, photography and graphic design.
- Listen to and engage with the ALC community actively and responsively across social channels and branded ALC digital touch points.
- Work with Consumer Communications team and brand teams to create brand positioning concepts for online creative campaigns.
- Assist Media/Consumer Communications Manager in managing social media advertising budgets (Twitter, Facebook) and communicating relevant details to Finance/Accounting.
- Identify up-and-coming social media platforms / technologies, determine best opportunities for brand involvement and deliver happy consumer experiences through creative content (i.e. Vine, Jelly and Paper Apps).
- Work with Consumer Communications team to identify opportunities to build engagement with online community; includes working with current agencies on new engagement opportunities and vetting potential vendor partners.
- Develop social media slides for sales/brand selling stories.
- Utilize social media monitoring software in order to manage real-time consumer communications and provide the Brand teams with current information on social media activity.
- Analyze data from social media monitoring software and create reports based on actionable insights to inform marketing and sales operations.
- Monitor competitor movements in social media and assist the brand teams in developing insights and strategies to share with Sales and ALC agencies.
- Work with retail customers to develop social media co-promotions and partnerships.
- Provide real time consumer and customer support across social channels.
- Create and contribute content across all channels of communication on a daily basis.
- Moderate communities to ensure user generated content is appropriate and positive.
- Work with Finance and Accounting to manage POs and contracts with service providers and agencies.
- Work with the brand teams to manage the budget lines for social media related projects.
- Work with brand teams and manufacturing on contest prizing fulfillment and logistics for social media events.
- Work with the Media/Consumer Communications Manager to establish and refine consistent community engagement best practices surrounding the use of social media channels.
- Collaborate on internal communication programs to inform and educate ALC Associates around community engagement, social media initiatives, content creation, Social CRM and their broader implications.
- Provide ongoing feedback to community, account, training, and support teams on community trends, issues, and interests.
- Attend and participate and represent ALC as a speaker / spokesperson in industry events as appropriate.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing online communities or professional social media role.
- Sound social media and community strategy mindset, including committed personal experience and contributions across multiple social media channels.
- Understanding of online advertising ecosystem and ability to work with relevant vendors, agencies and platform partners.
- Some travel will be required, up to 15%.
- BA/BS degree preferred; or combination of education and experience in a marketing position.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Web-based programs.
- Creative writer.
- Natural communicator.
- Problem solver.
- Good listener.
- Great sense of humor, positive attitude and enthusiastic.
- Committed to helping people in social channels.
- Ability to multi-task and think quickly.
- Ability to grasp how community, content and the social web align with wider business goals.
- Building relationships with key members of the community and influencers.
- Discipline to work projects to deadlines, or build structure and process around new initiatives.
- Commitment to effective internal relationships, communication and collaboration
- Passion for client service and connecting with people.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, distilling necessary tasks from high-level direction.
- Delivery of consistent, helpful and engaged customer engagement.
- Willingness to enforce guidelines/boundaries.
- Planning and developing strategies for increasing engagement and conversation.