The Press Operator is responsible for maintaining order in the loading/unloading of trays. This includes lifting, moving, racking trays from the conveyor, checking weights, changing screens and cutters, washing dyes and loading press. The Press Operator is also responsible for transporting rack to oven and returning empty flats. Must also keep wash area clean and dry by maintaining general housekeeping cleaning, sanitation and safe work area. Assists in a variety of other functions as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- The ability to load up to 30 trays per minute.
- Successfully retrieving individual candy trays from the conveyor and loading the trays onto racks.
- Continually transport the racks from the conveyor to the dryer room.
- Transporting empty racks back to the conveyor using an electric power jack.
- Checking amount of air in candy
- Lifting tins
- Recurring empty flats to Tin Person
- Insight of operating ovens.
- Knowledge of proper dye and cutter sizes
- Feeding machine and racking
- Operating press extrusion
- Learn other duties as directed
- High School Diploma/GED Desirable.
- Previous manufacturing experience desirable.
- Must have hand-eye coordination & endurance.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including weekends and overtime as needed.
- Ability to communicate & understand pertinent information.
- Requires Basic English & Math skills
- Team Player
- Great attitude
- Must be flexible